GEOINT Foreword is the pre-symposium science and technology-focused day that brings together government, academia, and industry to discuss advances in the tradecraft and innovation. The program delivers keynote speakers, panel discussions, learning tracks, lightning talks, and networking opportunities.
The 2019 Foreword agenda will explore topics such as working with GEOINT data at scale, 3D data and multimodal AI, training and education for a machine learning-enabled world, and more.
GEOINT Foreword requires separate registration in addition to your general session or exhibit-only conference pass. Be sure to add GEOINT Foreword during the online registration process.
GEOINT Foreword Agenda
Agenda subject to change
8:00-9:00 a.m. GEOINT Foreword Registration, Breakfast, and Poster Sessions
9:00-9:15 a.m. USGIF GEOINT Foreword Welcome: Patti Mims, USGIF Board of Directors
9:15-9:45 a.m. Keynote: William Hurley, Founder and CEO, Strangeworks
10:00-10:30 a.m. Networking Break and Poster Sessions
10:30-11:15 a.m. Panel: Working with GEOINT at Scale – Leveraging Machine Learning
• Moderator: Barry Tilton, USGIF Volunteer
• Joshua Delmonico, U.S. Army Geospatial Center
• Michael Enloe, Chief Engineer, US Army Synthetic Training Environment
• Ryan McAlinden, Director for Modeling, Simulation & Training at USC Institute for Creative Technologies (invited)
• Isaac Zaworski, Vice President, VRICON
11:15-11:45 a.m. Keynote: Bo Ewald, President & CEO, ColdQuanta, Inc.
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Lunch, Networking, and Poster Sessions
12:45-1:30 Panel: Leveraging Artificial Intelligence…Working with GEOINT as a Forecasting Tool
• Brian Collins, Chief Executive Officer, Intterra
• Eli Ibanga, Student, University of Southern California
• William Porter, Sr. Manager, Operations Support, Team Rubicon
1:30-2:00 p.m. Flash Talk: Legal Application of GEOINT at Scale
• SSGT Robert Bartlett, US Army (retired), Purple Heart Recipient
• John Bridgewood, Sales and Marketing Coordinator, Vricon
2:00-2:30 p.m. Networking Break and Poster Sessions
2:30-3:15 p.m. Education vs. Training – GEOINT in an AI-Enabled World
• Dr. Todd Bacastow, Professor of Practice for Geospatial Intelligence, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Dutton e-Education Institute, Penn State World Campus (invited)
• Col. Steven D. Fleming, Ph.D., U.S. Army (Retired), Professor of Practice of Spatial Sciences and Institute for Creative Technologies, Spatial Sciences Institute, University of Southern California (invited)
• Dr. Camelia Kantor, Vice President of Academic Affairs, USGIF
3:15-3:45 p.m. Panel: Exploring Beyond Earth’s Atmosphere with Human-Machine Teams
• Jordan Evans, Deputy Director for Engineering and Science, NASA Jet Propulsion Lab (invited)
• Dr. Jacqueline LeMoigne-Stewart, Assistant Chief for Technology, Software Engineering Division, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (invited)
3:45-4:00 p.m. Thank You and Closing Thoughts
Agenda subject to change.
Learn More about GEOINT Foreword